Nightingale Counselling has always worked with clients by telephone and video chat software such as Skype and Facetime. Most of the people we work with online come to us through recommendations from clients who worked with us in our Glasgow office. Their recommendations extended to family members, colleagues and friends that could not physically meet with us in Glasgow, however, they could still access our exceptional service wherever they lived and at a time that suited them.
We were also able to continue our work with clients who have moved away from Central Scotland and clients that came to see us for a session, whilst here on business or on holiday, and continued sessions when they returned home to London, other parts of the UK and abroad.
More recently, due to the COVID-19 situation, we moved all of our consultations online. Even though this was a forced change many clients have found working on Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Facetime, and Skype, often suits them. We have also been able to engage other therapists with different expertise who live in different parts of the UK.
Other advantages of online counselling:
- Having sessions in your pyjamas with a coffee is a real bonus for some clients
- Cuts down the time used up travelling to sessions
- Can arrange sessions as short notice
- Comfort of being at home
- Fit in your session around work commitments and online calls
- Flexibility to accommodate the needs of children
- Work early in the morning or weekends
- Couples can work together online in different locations
- Businesspeople who travel (when the situation changes)
Although at some point we will return to face-to-face counselling when the situation changes, we will always continue to offer online counselling to clients who find they prefer online counselling or enjoy the comfort of fitting counselling into their busy days.